2020 Is The Year Of TikTok?
In a blink of an eye interest in TikTok skyrocketed and in recent months TikTok became one of the most popular players in the social media world!📲👑 87% of influencers stated that one of their goals for 2020 is to create more TikTok content! 🗣💥
TikTok is the hottest social media platform at the moment and the timing is no coincidence 🔥⏱. Recent events motivated many to turn to social media in search of entertainment and escape from the daily struggles. 54% of our survey respondents downloaded a new social media app during lockdown, and for the majority this new app was TikTok. Lockdown had a tremendous impact on TikTok’s growth 🔑. 61% of indahash survey respondents did not use TikTok in 2019 and 56% decided to download the app in February – May 2020! 🗣📲 TikTok was exactly what we needed during the long boring days spent at home, when uncertainty and bad news filled up so much of our everyday life. 🚨🏠
indaHash decided to dig deeper and investigate what TikTok’s growth means for the social media and influencer marketing industry resulting in our new “TikTok Report” 🧐❓. A deep study of TikTok’s rise, current trends and analytics, all supported with opinions from some of the leading experts in the social media industry.☝️🧠
Some of our most interesting findings are: 🧠🔥
- 89% of influencers are interested in collaborating with brands on TikTok
- 46% of TikTok users prefer to see fun and light content and 54% believes that there is space for more serious content on the platform
- 83% influencers believe that brands could benefit from promoting their products and services on TikTok
- On average, TikTok users check the app 1-3 times a day and use it for 52 minutes
- Starting a catch TikTok hashtag challenge is the key to success. Oreo’s #CookieWithACause challenge received 2.8B views and T-mobile’s #TossYourCap resulted in 1.5B views!
- The most optimal length of a TikTok video is 10-12 seconds
For those of you that are still confused, what is TikTok? And what is it all about? ❓🤔
TikTok is a short video-sharing app founded in 2012. The videos last only 15 seconds and are usually focused on dance, lip-sync, and comedy 🎬🤹🎼. However, due to TikTok’s recent rapid growth, more and more creators and audiences have been joining the app. The content has also been evolving, becoming more diverse and adapting to the different needs and interests of these new audiences. Today TikTok offers a large variety of categories and content showcasing anything from beauty to fitness, parenting, cooking, or even business related advice 🏋️🏝👩👧👦🌮. The key to success is to make your message short and sweet (15 seconds is all you’re working with!), frequent posting and a sprinkle of humor is always well-received on the app!
What does the rise of TikTok mean for influencer marketing?
This growth in interest from the TikTok creator community is creating both new challenges and opportunities for brands and influencers 📲 👩💻 👨💻. TikTok with its 800M users is an opportunity rich platform for advertising that can allow brands to reach millions of social media users. Most important of all, it has a very significant advantage, that can soon make TikTok one of the most efficient social media platforms for advertisement 🔥💪.
The platform is tailored to the short attention span of today’s typical social media users 🤳👍. Many studies have proven that the average attention span is narrowing due to the over saturation of information. Researchers at the Technical University of Denmark have shown in their recent study that nowadays people have more things to focus on and therefore tend to focus on each single thing for a shorter period of time. The average attention span is estimated to be only somewhere around 8 to 12 seconds ⏱👈. This means that the short format of TikTok videos can be a great way for brands and influencers to get their message across to their audiences, and make sure that the message will not get lost along the way.
What we have been observing in recent months is also a significant improvement when it comes to the quality of TikTok content 👀👌. TikTok is growing and evolving, and the more creators and brands join the app, the bigger the competition and motivation to create unique pieces of content. 15- second long videos might seem like a piece of cake, but that is far from the truth. The most successful TikTok creators put a lot of time and effort into creating that perfect short video that will satisfy their followers 😍🙏.
If you are interested to find out more about the hottest social media platform of the moment check out our new “TikTok Report” based on:
- An international survey held in May 2020 of 2,000 digital creators, between ages of 18-46 from 61 different countries
- In-depth interviews with industry experts from Canada, Singapore, Netherlands, UK, UEA and Poland
- indaHash’s expertise as one of the leading influencer marketing companies in the world.
Some of the questions answered in the report:
- How to create a successful influencer marketing campaign on TikTok?
- What makes TikTok different to other social media platforms?
- What do people want to see on TikTok?
- What are the current TikTok trends?
- How did lockdown impact the growth of TikTok?
- What are the legal details to keep in mind before starting a TikTok campaign?
Feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org